There have been reports of different mold remediation companies using dogs in order to detect the presence of toxic mold in the homes and businesses that they are paid to treat

There have been reports of different mold remediation companies using dogs in order to detect the presence of toxic mold in the homes and businesses that they are paid to treat.

Obviously, this is probably not a good idea on the part of the remediation service, as animals are not any less susceptible to the effects of toxic molds and other fungi than we human beings are.

Any medical mycologist will gladly give you this information and also inform you that this practice of using dogs to sniff out mold is not something that should be promoted. It is cruelty to animals and needs to be stopped.

In modern times, there is no reason whatsoever for this method of mold detection to continue at all for any reason. There are many other ways to detect mold besides putting a defenseless animal in danger.

Dogs cannot identify what species of mold is present or in what quantity; only trained and certified scientists are capable of doing this.

Some people will tell you that they use dogs because of the health risk that it presents to humans to detect the mold themselves, but this claim is not worthy of anyone’s belief.

The fact is that mold inspectors and investigators that become ill and develop serious lung and skin diseases are contracting these because of the incorrect usage of their personal protection equipment.

Biohazard suits and respirators should be used when a professional is attempting to locate or remove mold from a home or business. The diseases and conditions that can be caused by mold can very well result in death and while we humans have the ability to go to a doctor and acknowledge when we are will, dogs and other animals do not have this choice.

It is frequently the case that by the time a mold related infection occurring in a pet is noticed, it is completely beyond treatment and the animal needs to be put down to avoid further suffering.

Our pets can become affected by fungal eye infections, respiratory diseases, kidney, and other infections caused by pathogenic molds. After an exposure to toxic or allergenic molds, the immune system of the body develops an allergic sensitivity and becomes less able to defend itself against opportunistic infections.

Please do not hire anyone who uses mold dogs to detect mold in your home or business. If you would not allow your own pet to be used in such a manner, why would you allow any other animal? There are plenty of other ways for a reputable mold remediation company to detect mold in your home.

  • Добавить ВКонтакте заметку об этой странице
  • Мой Мир
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LiveJournal
  • MySpace
  • FriendFeed
  • В закладки Google
  • Google Buzz
  • Яндекс.Закладки
  • LinkedIn
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • del.icio.us
  • Digg
  • БобрДобр
  • MisterWong.RU
  • Memori.ru
  • МоёМесто.ru
  • Сто закладок
Комментирование на данный момент запрещено, но Вы можете оставить ссылку на Ваш сайт.

Комментарии закрыты.